Job Title: Dental/Medical Assistant
Reports to: Clinical Lead, Practice Manager, Dentist
Summary: Growing dental/medical practice looking to add an assistant to fun and exciting team atmosphere. Our practice focuses on whole body health by identifying and educating on the root cause of dental/medical issues. The applicant will be trained to be an assistant for handling all medical clinical needs.
Well Beyond Dental’s Core Values (candidates must exemplify these qualities to be hired):
- We are Compassionate
- We are Enthusiastic
- We go Well Beyond
- We believe in Teamwork
- We are Growth-Oriented
Dental/Medical Assistant Job Responsibilities:
- Utilizes Electronic Medical Records EMR system to document all services performed and referrals ordered.
- Supports medical care delivery by preparing treatment room, patient, instruments, and materials.
- Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Readies patient for treatment by welcoming, comforting, and seating patient.
- Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests.
- Assembles instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to treatment area, positioning instruments for doctor’s access, suctioning, and passing instruments.
- Provides doctor-directed therapies to help relieve pain and reduce inflammation.
- Helps doctors manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining CPR certification, emergency drug and oxygen supply, and emergency telephone directory.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Ensures operation of medical/dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories, and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains medical/dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies, and verifying receipt of supplies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Practice Details: We are open Monday through Thursday from 8am to 5pm and some Fridays 8am to 3pm. We have 3 full-time hygienists, 4 assistants, 2 doctors, and 3 front office personnel. Benefits including medical and vision are provided the first of the month after 60 days employment.
Dental/Medical Assistant Qualifications/Skills:
- Dental health maintenance
- Use of dental technology
- Infection control
- Patient services
- Creating a safe, effective environment
- Bedside manner
- Health promotion and maintenance
- Use of medical technologies
- Performing diagnostic procedures
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1+ years in a dental office
- Experience with EMR (electronic medical records), medical terminology a plus