I came into this office with complaints of nighttime snoring, and daytime fatigue. I wanted an alternative to a CPAP machine and had heard of appliances that had worked well and was referred to Dr. Tammy by my Pulmonary doctor. I sleep at night comfortably with no snoring, wake up with no dry mouth, and feel rested and without daytime fatigue. At night I brush my teeth, pop my appliance in and enjoy a good night’s sleep.
– Carol V.
At my annual check up last month, [Dr. Tammy] noted the small bump/growth on my upper lip, applied a laser treatment, and made an appointment to see me two weeks later. No change at that time, and she referred me to my dermatologist at Reno Skin Cancer for a biopsy. I got an appointment quickly, had the biopsy and got results within a few days, so a benign growth. I am grateful to her and your office for such prompt action. Many thanks, Dr. Tammy!
In February 2016, I began my search to find out why I couldn’t sleep well. I had a few sleep issues that I wanted to resolve:
- Chest pain and headaches in the morning after sleeping.
- Unable to sleep longer than 3-4 hours without a pill, which led to extreme fatigue upon waking.
I have done the following under the guidance of Pulmonary physicians for 2 years:
- Underwent two sleep clinic studies and one home sleep study.
- Saw a Sleep Therapist and Thyroid specialist.
- Tried 8 masks and a CPAP machine for 1 ½ years.
- Underwent ENT Surgery to repair a deviated septum and open the turbinate areas.
On my own, I also tried the following – cut down my physical activity schedule, tried a weighted blanket, and saw a Nutritionist to help lose weight. All this with no success. Issue 1 above improved, but my sleep did not. Finally, the Pulmonary physician referred me to a dentist for an appliance.
The first thing Dr. Tammy did was to specify a full 360-degree skull x-ray. That image revealed a significant issue – my nasal airways were very narrow. As a result, when I slept, I would breathe through my mouth. She recommended two things:
- An appliance to keep my mouth closed so I breathe through my nose to increase oxygen intake
- An appointment to see an Advanced ENT to expand my nasal passages.
Both recommendations worked and my sleep quality improved.
- I do not have chest pains or headaches in the morning.
- After sleeping, I feel awake. I no longer stumble or feel exhausted after sleeping.
- My sleeping time has increased from 3 – 4 hours to 4 ½ – 5 1/2 hours. I now have a morning. Before that my day began after 11 am.
- When I get up in the morning, I don’t have the aches and pains from the day before.
I cannot tell you how this has improved my life. Working with Dr. Tammy and her staff, who do everything to help and care for you, has restored my confidence in the medical profession.
If you have similar issues, I can highly recommend Dr. Tammy.